Leave Home For a While

You might decide it is best to leave the place you live in for a while. You could
go to a friend or family member’s place, a refuge, emergency housing, a hotel
or backpacker hostel.

Lesbians can generally access women’s refuges. Refuges are safe houses that
provide short-term accommodation for women and children escaping domestic
violence. To find out more about refuges call the DV Line (1800 65 64 63).

For gay men short term housing options include staying with friends or family, a
hotel or low cost hostel, emergency housing through Department of Housing or a designated men’s service. 

Contact Fred at ACON housing and ask about accommodation options for gay men.

Tel: (02) 9206 2000
Fax: (02) 9206 2069
Freecall: 1800 063 060